Everett & Enzo's Second Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Neighbour's Hobby

I admit i care very much about my car. Washing it so very often is nothing i boast of.

But polishing it once every 2weeks is extreme in my humble point of view. Yes, yes. I previously used to do it once a week.

I've slacken abit.

But it's recommended to polish your vehical twice a year. So still i rate myself "siao on"already for my hard work.

Today, i went on my normal routine and drove to the MSCP to start off the cleaning session. Here's how i do it.

1) Vaccum the interior
2) Clean and nourish up the leather seats and accessories
3) Wipe the interior windows clean
*This 3 steps will take around 45mins
4) Shampoo the car
5) Clay the paintwork to remove excessive stubborn dirt and grim
6) Rinse off the shampoo and dry throughly
7) Slap on the sealant and leave to a haze
8) Polish off the sealant and feel accomplished
*Usually will end around 2hrs 30mins from starting time.

Yet today, when i arrive at the MSCP, there was a blue Rex already there and he was there till i was done washing his car. I estimate he used around 3hours!

Still! It was nothing compared to another neighbour. I saw him washing his car when i drove to the MSCP (he was washing in the open air CP). I came back he was still washing! I went home. Shower. 2hrs later, he still at it, slapping on some Turtle Wax (from that distinctive green bottle on his car).

I estimate he used at least 5hrs30mins! And in between that time, while i was at the MSCP, it rained for 1hr plus. According to Mum, he continued to wash in the rain, drenched.

Are all these people crazy? I thought i was insane..... But it looks like i am the sane one around.

No comments: