Everett & Enzo's Second Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Big Day

I didn't really believe it was over.

Weddings are hectic events. I once thought that my turn was over until my bro-in-law got married yesterday.

Taking leave since friday (as if i am the groom), it began with the picking up of the bride's relative from the airport, followed by a 3table, 30pax dinner at Changi Village to sending them to their lodging at Arenda which ended at around 1.30am. And that's just friday.

Saturday was not easy on us. Sending Mrs Neo for her pedi & manicure, helping mum prepare the stuffs for her taiwan trip in a few days time, a wedding dinner for a friend at Furama, more nitty gritty things to do back at my in-laws place after the dinner saw us back home at 12.45am Seriously there's a lot more things that was done, but i didn't want to think back and once again fall into a state of shock!

On the way home, i told Mrs Neo...

Mr Neo: "My car very dirty, i think i just go carwash la else pick up bride not nice (as if i am the bridal car! Haha), but i really think they can't do a good job u know"
Mrs Neo: "I think so too. I think u shld wash yourself"

With that encouragement, i dropped off Mrs Neo and went car washing. Reaching home, 1.30am.

Mrs Neo: "You are back.. Let's sleep, i wanna wake up at 3.30am. Can you wake me? I scared i can't even with the alarm"
Mrs Neo: "Ok. Leave the alarm with me.. I'll wake you"

A promise said, and i was determined to deliver. I took naps, didn't really fall asleep and woke her up on time. Relieved of my duty. I dosed off and told her to wake me up 15mins before leaving home. And guess what... I only slept 45mins.....

A droopy eyed morning, fetch the bride, lotsa crazy driving, ROM, this that, help to check in on the hotel (yup, since they throwing the dinner at the resturant, we lovingly got them a room at Gallery Hotel, a boutique hotel with exquisite room and design), this that again, dinner, this that and finally send my in-laws home.

It was done deal! We got him married! Yeahh! I wonder why it felt more tiring then my wedding. At least Mrs Neo got a present from her brother for helping out thru the months. I didn't even get anything. Somemore i help him do his montage leh.

No point complaining.

I hope he stays happy, take good care of his new found love and family.

No comments: