Everett & Enzo's Second Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Recession & Me

10th November '08. Rainy.

It's a slow wet morning. I've heard alot of people asking me last week if the market is slowing down on my end. I told them nothing as yet. But a lot of projects are on hold.

This morning i went to work as usual. A busy morning clearing up the paper week that i left last week. It's been a long time since i felt free... and today, in the afternoon, i was free. My mobile rang less then 10times today, a sharp drop from the 50 - 60 a day status. Out of the 10, only 4 are projects enquiry. Others are simply just some minor issues.

I went to a few design firms in the late afternoon. They were packing up their libraries, hanging around, doing some minor things and all told me "Yeah, it's quiet", "Ohh, that's on hold"... "No, no news from client yet".

Typical answers i get. That would mean less sales for me and more importantly, a harder fight for share in the market, where all will be going for those few projects and diving in head first with ridiculous pricings to bring in volume instead of margins.

I wonder how long it takes to recover. 1 year?
Can it recover faster anot? How about like next Feb? When my new fiscal year starts?
Heehee, i can afford to rest this year, but next year leh?

Really demoralising period of time. I hope i can ride the tides of recession well.

Signed,
Mr Electronic Neo

No comments: