Travelling into Jakarta was a nightmare.
Traffic was slow and also the entrance of the hotel did not do justice to it's grand building. It was a really small rear entrance. But it's under construction. So it may be better after it's all done up.
There's a main building and a new wing. They are looking at renovating the main wing too, thus the renovation outside the driveway of the hotel.
This trip, i am glad i am staying in the new wing.
Hotel: Nikko Hotel, Jakarta
Star: 4
Feels like: 4
Pros:
Service level was high, maybe due to the fact that labour was cheap in Indonesia and there was someone, to do almost every single thing you can imagine.
So i carried nothing, push no doors, press no lift and asked for no directions.
Every, really everything was attended to. I gave a tip (standard amount) of 2,000 local currency, which breakdowns to S$0.28.
The people manning the concierge spoke good english, was polite and accommodating.
I paid USD 150 per night + internet + breakfast, yup, i was really pushing my budget to the limit there. I am only allowed USD 150 per night with the internet and breakfast and first out, i spend to the limit.
Well..
Rooms were a decent size, comes with a digital safe and full cable TV. Washroom had a shower room and a tub, which i had no time to use. Necessities was plentiful.
Papers were slotted into the room at 5am in the morning. So it's a nice hotel for a business trip.
For a leisure trip, the huge shopping centres around will put Singapore's Vivo to shame for it's sheer massive size and outrageous themes. Great World City's washroom is really nothing compared to what they have.
Cons:
Located right in the city town centre, it's near a fountain, which is really the one that we see on TV when there's a protest. So it can get "busy" there.
You also have to love Japanese Food as the restaurant, being in Nikko Hotel, only serve Japanese Dishes. I had it for 2 nights and was glad i was not staying any longer.
Ventilation in the room can be improved. My room was still ok. But my colleague's room had a ciggy smell.
I also have many problems withVPN. I get connected tonight and tomorrow morning i can't get in.
Overall it's really quite a nice place to be for work.
Simply for it's location which is utmost important due to the heavy traffic.
I spend 2hours travelling to a 30mins appointment. So, yes. Location is very very important.
I rate it 7.5 out of 10.
It's really nice. I will tag this hotel for my next trip there.
Solidariti Untuk Isham Rais
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment