Everett & Enzo's Second Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Cordlife

A not so old system that sprout out from I don’t know where.
A technological advancement that is able to store, deep freeze, yet keep the cells alive for new born’s umbilical cord for an unlimited number of years.

The rationale behind this advance technology is great. Wonderful!
It’s a lifesaver.

But it cost money.

Mrs Neo & myself was catching up with a Poly school friend last Friday and we chatted about this.

Her comment was one that could tumble all rationale thinking.

“I did not sign that up for my boy. I brought insurance instead. So what if you have the cure, but no money to solve the problem? So we brought insurance and with money, we can buy the cure”

She’s not wrong. With US$ 28,000.00. You can openly search for a match in the world’s public cord collection and try to find a match.

However, there is no guarantee that you can find it.

The system leeches onto your fear and somehow assures you that there is a backup plan.Sort of an insurance, but not covering any monetary portions, but the promise of the cure.

I’ll be signing up with Cordlife for both boys. No reason why.
Both (Cordlife & Stemcord) are the same to me.

But I sign up with Cordlife, because it’s cheaper for the first year (As of current promotion). Annual fees are the same for both companies.

Counting Down : 4 more days to seeing my cute twin boys.

No comments: