Everett & Enzo's Second Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tuk Tuk Adventure

I seriously can't recall when was the last time I took a Tuk Tuk in Thailand.

When I was younger, I took it with my family when we came over to Bangkok, in poly, I took it with my schoolmates on a trip here too.

After that, I either took taxi or I walk (which is what I prefer). Traffic here is bad bad bad, makes no sense to wait in any vehical and pay (ok, I'm stingy) when I can walk there with my long legs, I save the money for shopping!

However, I bravely took one today, from MBK to Platinium. I needed to get there fast, wanted to buy some baby clothes for the boys and also, I wanted to know how much it cost. A step into planning my November/December 2010 whole family outing with my sisters.

So it cost THB100. I didn't bargain. It sounded cheap enough. But I must have been stupid not to bargain.

If I did, I guess it should end up around THB60~80. Which is ~SGD3.

In comparison, if I took a train, it cost me THB20/person. Tuk tuk can take 3 person everytime. And I have to walk 15mins to Platinium.

Tada! Makes sense to take a tuk tuk if its 3 ppl right. No walking at all.

The ride is as always exciting. They never drive in the correct direction - which is why they are fast, an advantage if you ask me.

THB35 to take a cab/tuk tuk from hotel to BigC. But I find it so hard, cas its just 5mins walk away. But need to know as Mum can't walk too far. So it's SGD1.50 for 4ppl. Even cheaper!

So looking forward to the year end trip already!

No comments: